Special sessions topics
6 special legislative session topics
82nd, 1 C.S.
Topics are based on the text of the Governor's official proclamations and messages.
82nd 1st C.S. Proclamations
- consider legislation relating to fiscal matters necessary for the implementation of House Bill No. 1 as passed by the 82nd Legislature, Regular Session, including measures that will allow school districts to operate more efficiently. [Mon May 30, 2011]
- consider legislation related to health care cost containment, access to services through managed care, and the creation of economic and structural incentives to improve the quality for Medicaid services. [Mon May 30, 2011]
- consider legislation related to congressional redistricting. [Tue May 31, 2011]
- consider the operation of the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association. [Fri Jun 3, 2011]
- consider use of the federal Secure Communities Program by law enforcement agencies, the issuance of driver's licenses and personal identification certificates, and the abolishment of sanctuary cities in Texas. [Tue Jun 7, 2011]
- consider legislation related to prosecution and punishment for the offense of official oppression of persons seeking access to public buildings and transportation. [Mon Jun 20, 2011]
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.